To download an app, on the student’s iPad, you:
- Tap above on the relevant year level,
- Tap on the icon for the required app.
- This will take you to the Apple App Store (you may be required to enter an Apple ID or password).
- Tap the price or the word ‘Get’. (All apps are expected to be installed regardless of price or free).
- If cost is involved, tap ‘buy’ and if prompted type in your Apple ID and password.
- The app will then be downloaded onto the iPad.
You can download multiple apps at once. You do not have to wait for the previous app to download.
Once you have downloaded your apps, you can place them in folders and organise them on the screen by:
- holding the app icon for three seconds until they start to wiggle.
- Then with your finger, you can drag the icons to change their order and
- place them on top of each other to create a folder.
You can move the most regularly used apps into the dock at the bottom of the screen for easy access; eg Safari, App4, Mail, Settings, Showbie.